Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 289 cals
- For caramel, in a medium heavy saucepan, stir together the 1/4 cup whipping cream, the butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, whisking occasionally; reduce heat to medium. Boil gently for 2 additional minutes. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Set aside while preparing chocolate mixture.
- Place water in a small bowl. Sprinkle gelatin over the surface. Let stand for 5 minutes to soften.
- For chocolate mixture, in a medium saucepan, combine the 1 cup whipping cream and the granulated sugar. Heat over medium-low heat until the mixture almost comes to a boil. Remove from heat. Add softened gelatin; stir until it dissolves. Add Ghirardelli(R) 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir to mix in chocolate. Whisk in sour cream.
- Fill twelve 2-ounce shot glasses, ramekins, or other small dessert dishes 1/3 to 1/2 full of chocolate mixture. Chill for 20 minutes or until just set. Divide caramel evenly among the glasses; chill for 15 minutes. Spoon on or pour in the remaining chocolate mixture. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat the 1/4 cup whipping cream and the powdered sugar until soft peaks form (tips curl). To serve, top each panna cotta with a dollop of whipped cream,and, if desired, a piece of Ghirardelli Milk & Caramel SQUARES(TM) Chocolate.
- *Tip: For easier cutting, place Ghirardelli Milk & Caramel SQUARES™ Chocolate in a single layer on a baking sheet. Freeze for at least 30 minutes. Using a sharp knife, cut squares into quarters.
Per Serving: 289 calories; 22.6 g fat; 22.8 g carbohydrates; 2.1 g protein; 55 mg cholesterol; 23 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Chocolate was a bit bitter and set my teeth on edge. Caramel was way too sweet. I ended up giving it to my son. He eats sugar right out of the sugar bowl.
I absolutely loved this. Did exactly to the recipe and my whole family enjoyed it. Going to add some Kahlua next time to the chocolate and see how it turns out. Glad I made this and didn't just ...
this was awful. I thought it looked great and went to a special store to buy ingredients.