Sweet Potato and Date Casserole
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 780 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Spray a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Stir sweet potatoes, dates, 3/4 cup brown sugar, eggs, 1/2 cup melted butter, cream, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a bowl until thoroughly combined. Spread the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until hot, about 20 minutes.
- Mix granola cereal, 1/2 cup brown sugar, pecans, and flour in a bowl until the mixture is crumbly; pour 1/3 cup melted butter into granola mixture and stir to combine. Sprinkle the granola topping over the sweet potatoes.
- Bake until topping is lightly golden brown, about 15 more minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- You can used canned sweet potatoes to cut back on prep time. Additionally, you can substitute skim milk for cream to reduce the calories and fat content.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 780 calories; 46.5 g fat; 86.2 g carbohydrates; 9.7 g protein; 157 mg cholesterol; 291 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1