Grandma's Chicken 'n Stuffing
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 872 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Arrange chicken breast pieces in the baking dish. Bring water and 1 cup butter to a boil in a large saucepan, stirring until butter is melted; lightly stir stuffing mix into water and butter and fluff with a fork. Spread the stuffing over the chicken breast pieces.
- Stir chicken bouillon granules into 1/2 cup hot water until dissolved; set aside.
- Melt 6 tablespoons butter in a saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir onion in the hot butter until translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir flour into butter and onion, mashing the flour with the butter with the back of a spoon until smooth and paste-like. Whisk chicken bouillon into the butter and flour mixture, followed by milk. Heat until the sauce is thick and smooth, 5 to 10 minutes, whisking constantly. Season sauce with salt and black pepper. Pour sauce over stuffing and chicken.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the chicken is no longer pink inside and the dish is bubbling, about 1 hour. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Per Serving: 872 calories; 50.9 g fat; 65.6 g carbohydrates; 37.2 g protein; 187 mg cholesterol; 1515 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2