Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 421 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 3-quart casserole dish.
- Mix turkey, chicken soup, tomatoes with green chiles, onion, bell pepper, 1 cup Cheddar cheese, mushrooms, garlic, and chili powder together in a bowl.
- Cover the bottom of the casserole dish with half the tortilla strips; pour turkey mixture onto tortilla layer. Top with remaining tortilla strips. Cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour. Sprinkle with 1 cup Cheddar cheese. Return uncovered dish to the oven and bake until cheese is melted and casserole is bubbling, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 421 calories; 21.7 g fat; 21.1 g carbohydrates; 35.1 g protein; 101 mg cholesterol; 1032 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 20
Very good! Omitted the bell pepper and added 2 tsp or Cumin. Very good!
This was pretty good! I would suggest sauteeing the onions first because I personally don't care for crunchy onions. Also wish I would have added more cheese throughout and on top. Overall, very...
Made this exactly according to directions and it felt like something was missing -- added 1.5 cup of cooked rice and a total of 6 corn tortillas (cut into 1" squares) and it was much better. If ...
Very good. Brought this to an office luncheon and everyone enjoyed it. Made it with corn tortillas and fresh mushrooms.
We loved this. Substituted broken corn tortillas crispy from the oven instead of putting the flour tortillas in because that was what I had.
Not bad at all! I used frozen turkey leftovers that were a little dried out, and the dish came out moist and tasty! My 4 year old who hates turkey even ate some. :)
I just finished eating my 3rd helping of this. I did alter the recipe a bit to use up some leftover corn and mashed potatoes. I added about 1/2 cup whole kernel corn to the turkey mixture. After...
I used 24 oz chicken. I used 1 3/4 cups of cheese instead of two cups. I omitted the mushrooms and used extra green pepper and onion instead. It was very good and filling. Thanks for the rec...
Oops! I made a couple of mistakes when I used a large can of tomatoes (20 oz - just not paying attention) and left over gravy instead of the cream of chicken soup (to avoid the unnecessary salt)...