Savory Sweet Potato Muffins with Bacon
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 287 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 12 muffin cups with butter. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place sweet potato and bacon on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes; flip sweet potato and bacon. Bake until sweet potato is tender and bacon is crisp, about 20 more minutes. Let bacon cool on paper towels.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion until soft and translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, curry powder, and salt together in a large bowl. Stir in Cheddar cheese until coated.
- Peel sweet potato and transfer to a bowl; roughly mash. Measure out 1 cup of mashed sweet potato. Chop bacon and stir into onion.
- Whisk eggs vigorously in a separate bowl. Add milk, sour cream, and butter; whisk until smooth. Fold in 1 cup sweet potato, bacon, and onions. Gently stir the sweet potato mixture into the flour mixture, using a rubber spatula, until just combined. Pour batter into the prepared muffin tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 18 minutes. Cool muffins in the pan for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Per Serving: 287 calories; 16.7 g fat; 25.7 g carbohydrates; 8.7 g protein; 72 mg cholesterol; 437 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Great savory muffin. There was enough of the recipe that I actually extended the baking time considerably. Next time I'll lower the temp a bit for a more consistent overall muffin. The top finis...
Even though the sweet potato flavor wasn't prominent I enjoyed this savory muffin. The onion, cheese,bacon and curry powder all came through. I thought I had an issue due to making the recipe w...
It came out on the almost too moist side and I even extended baking time by 5min. I may try this recipe again but cooking at 375F instead. I tasted the sweet potato/bacon/onion mix before I mixe...