Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients4 h 30 m servings 104 cals
Original recipe yields 96 servings (8 dozen (3-inch) cookies)
- In large bowl, beat 3 cups powdered sugar, the butter, vanilla, 1 teaspoon almond extract and eggs with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon. Stir in flour, baking soda and cream of tartar. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease cookie sheet. Divide dough in half. On lightly floured surface, roll each half 1/8 inch thick. Cut into desired shapes with 3-inch cookie cutters. Place about 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until edges are light brown. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In small bowl, beat all glaze ingredients except food colors on low speed until smooth. Divide among several small bowls. Stir desired food color, one drop at a time, into each until desired color. Decorate cookies with glaze and other decorations as desired.
- High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Bake 6 to 7 minutes.
- Did You Know: You can divide this recipe in half for a smaller batch of cookies.
- Success: Roll dough to an even thickness by rolling over two wooden dowels or rulers. Use dowels or rulers in the desired thickness, and place them on opposite sides of the dough.
Per Serving: 104 calories; 4.2 g fat; 15.8 g carbohydrates; 0.8 g protein; 14 mg cholesterol; 58 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This is the same recipe I've used for years from the Betty Crocker cookbook. The powdered sugar doesn't give me the little brown speckles that granulated sugar did (maybe that was just me but I ...