Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 265 cals
Original recipe yields 16 servings
- Preheat oven according to directions on package. Coat a 13-inch by 9-inch cake pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Using the can of pears, pound the pecans (in its package or in a baggie) until they resemble a fine chop and set the nuts aside.
- Combine the cake mix, pears and its syrup, eggs, water, and oil in a medium bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat according to package directions. (Note, the pears will break down and become smooth while beating.) Pour batter into the cake pan.
- Bake 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted comes out clean.
- Immediately sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the cake. Top with the nuts. Place cake in cake pan on cooling rack for 1 hour or until cooled completely.
- Kitchen Notes:
- Even better the next day!
- May add 2 tsp. instant coffee granules to the batter to give a deeper chocolate flavor.
- For a lighter cake, use 2 Tbsp. oil instead of 1/4 cup and 6 egg whites (1 1/2 cups egg substitute) instead of 3 whole eggs.
- For a “nuttier” flavor, toast the nuts before sprinkling over the cake.
Per Serving: 265 calories; 15.6 g fat; 32.1 g carbohydrates; 3.7 g protein; 35 mg cholesterol; 240 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1