Veggie Pilaf with Pine Nuts
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"Brown rice with carrots and fresh rosemary is combined with toasted pine nuts, green peas, and garlic for a colorful and hearty side dish."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients18 m servings 148
Original recipe yields 6 servings (4 cups)
- Combine carrots, water, rice, and rosemary in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 to 12 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Remove from heat. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
You might also like
- Kitchen Notes:
- For a “brighter” pilaf, add 1/4 tsp. ground turmeric with the rosemary to give the rice a brilliant yellow color.
- For a more “trendy, multi-grain” dish, replace half of the rice (6 Tbsp.) with 6 Tbsp. dry quinoa or quick cooking bulgur! Cook the quinoa (or bulgur) with the rice for the same amount of time!
- May add 2 cups cooked diced chicken for an easy entrée. Serves 4; 1 1/2 cups per serving.
Per Serving: 148 calories; 7.6 16.9 4.8 0 418 Full nutrition