Ingredients20 m servings 290
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Drain 1 can tomatoes and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown beef, stirring frequently. Add 1 can tomatoes and its liquid, 1/2 of the drained tomatoes, the refried beans and chili powder. Stir until well blended. Cook 5 minutes or until beginning to boil, stirring occasionally.
- Place in shallow 2-1/2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining tomatoes evenly over all and top with corn and cheese.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Garnish with cilantro and sour cream, if desired. Serve warm with tortilla chips.
- Cook's Tip: To serve as an entrée, try draining both cans of the tomatoes to thicken the consistency and serving it as an easy entrée for six.
- For a lighter version: Use 1 cup reduced fat cheese and baked tortilla chips
Per Serving: 290 calories; 6.5 24.6 30.5 24 959 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This was tasty, but a little too wet even with draining the one can of tomatoes. Rotels were a great enhancement and I believe the sour cream and green onions were a perfect topping.
A little disappointed. There is too much liquid from the can of tomatoes, additionally the ground beef needs to be seasoned with a little salt and pepper. Perhaps one more can of beans and no l...
i added black beans and northern beans whole and drained for extra texture.