Bar Chicks - Blackened Chicken Sliders
Ingredients9 h servings 1046
- Mix white wine, soy sauce, 1 tablespoon lime juice, and Worcestershire sauce together in a resealable bag; add chicken and seal bag. Marinate chicken in the refrigerator for 8 to 24 hours.
- Mix 1 tablespoon salt, onion powder, sugar, 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, white pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and oregano together in a bowl for the blackened seasoning; transfer to a shaker or an air-tight container.
- Place mayonnaise, chives, garlic, 1 teaspoon lime juice, ground chipotle pepper, salt, and black pepper in a food processor; pulse together until chives are minced and aioli is smooth and evenly mixed. Transfer to an air-tight container and store in the refrigerator.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter together in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion until softened and translucent, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low, and continue cooking and stirring until onion is very tender and dark brown, about 30 minutes more. Remove from heat.
- Remove chicken from marinade and pat dry with paper towels. Spray chicken pieces with cooking spray and sprinkle all sides with blackened seasoning.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet; cook chicken until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 5 minutes per side.
- Assemble sliders by layering a piece of chicken, a strip of Cheddar cheese, and a spoonful of caramelized onion onto the bottom of each bun. Place a dollop of aioli on the top portion of bun before placing atop onion layer, forming a sandwich.
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the marinade and blackening seasoning ingredients. The actual amount of the marinade and seasoning consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 1046 calories; 53.7 74.2 45 124 3532 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 11
I may be biased as this was my recipe, but I love it. Yes, it can be a very spicy seasoning rub, but you can put as little or as much as youd like or use something different to suit your tastes ...
This was a great starting point for a fabulous recipe! We used lemon instead of lime juice in the marinade, only 1 cup of white wine (per other reviews) and probably marinated it for only 6 hou...
The chicken is very tasty. The overall taste is interesting (unusual and good). But 5 stars? No. This isn't the sort of thing you make when your mother-in-law visits so that you can secretly s...
Delicious chicken sliders! Messy but yummy! They had a great flavor although, not for the faint of heart when it comes to spice. One cup of white wine would have been plenty for the marinade....
These were excellent! I didn't change anything about the recipe as it was well written and very clear other than I used a smokey sharp cheese and mini ciabatta rolls that I brushed with olive oi...
The first time I made these I thought they were delicious, but my husnamd didn't care for them. This inspired me for a great sandwich the second time around, and it cut the prep time down to pra...
I thought this was a cool idea! I used chicken tenders and made mini sliders. To get the best flavor out of the onions, you need to caramelize them slowly and until they're a rich brown. The chi...
Recipe Group Selection: 06, April 2013 ~ We had 2 selections this week, this being one of them. My family loved these little sliders that I served on Hawaiian rolls. I did only use 1 cup of w...