Make Your Turkey Melt in Your Mouth Turkey Brine
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients20 m servings 44 cals
Original recipe yields 30 servings
- Combine chicken broth and apple juice in a food-safe container large enough to hold your turkey and the brine ingredients. Squeeze juice from orange halves and drop spent orange halves into the broth mixture; add celery, onion, rosemary, thyme, bay leaves, and sage leaves to the mixture. Stir salt, poultry seasoning, and black pepper into the liquid to dissolve.
- Cook's Notes:
- Add your thawed turkey to the brine; pack ice around the turkey and pour enough water into the container so the turkey is completely submerged. Brine overnight to 12 hours.
- Roast turkey in a roasting bag.
- Stuff turkey with celery, onions, and herbs from the brine and 1 cup butter before roasting.
- Keep in mind a brined turkey cooks faster than one that has not been brined.
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the brine ingredients. The actual amount of the brine consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 44 calories; 0.4 g fat; 9.3 g carbohydrates; 0.8 g protein; 3 mg cholesterol; 2050 mg sodium. Full nutrition