Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 318 cals
Original recipe yields 16 servings (1 9-inch layer cake)
- Prepare cake batter and bake as directed on package for 2 (9-inch) round layers, adding dry chocolate pudding mix to the cake mix before mixing with liquid ingredients. Cool cakes in pans 10 minutes; invert onto wire racks. Remove pans. Cool cakes completely.
- Meanwhile, microwave caramels and milk in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 minutes; stir. Microwave 2 minutes or until caramels are completely melted, stirring after each minute. Add dry vanilla pudding mix; whisk 2 minutes Cool 15 minutes. Gently stir in 1-1/2 cups COOL WHIP. Refrigerate 20 minutes or until chilled.
- Cut cakes horizontally in half; stack on plate, spreading 1/3 of the caramel mixture between each layer.
- Microwave remaining COOL WHIP and chocolate in microwaveable bowl 2 minutes or until blended, stirring after each minute. Cool 10 minutes Spread over torte, allowing excess glaze to drip down side. Sprinkle with nuts.
- Sweets can fit into a balanced diet but remember to keep tabs on portions.
- Omit chocolate pudding. Prepare using yellow cake mix and 2 pkg. (3.4oz. each) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding.
Per Serving: 318 calories; 10.4 g fat; 51.4 g carbohydrates; 3.6 g protein; 22 mg cholesterol; 509 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Tested this out and it was wonderful! I am making for Thanksgiving as some members of my family don't like Pumpkin Pie.