Candy Apple Butter
made it | 0 reviews |
"A slightly sweet and sassy apple butter kids are sure to love! Cinnamon oil and red food coloring may be used in place of the candies. If using the cinnamon oil and omitting brown sugar this becomes a healthier tasty treat your kids won't know is good for them! My kids love this on buttered bread, warm atop french toast, or on ice cream."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients8 h 25 m servings 21 cals
Original recipe yields 40 servings
- Toss apples and lemon juice together in a bowl.
- Put about half the apples in a slow cooker with cinnamon candies, brown sugar, ginger, and cloves; stir. Pour enough apple juice over the mixture to nearly, but not quite, cover the apples.
- Cook on Low, stirring occasionally, until the candies dissolve, about 1 hour.
- Increase heat to High and continue cooking until the apples have begun to lose shape, about 4 hours. Add remaining apples to the slow cooker. Reduce heat to Low and continue cooking until desired thickness is reached, at least 3 hours.
- Easy Cleanup
- Try using a liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 21 calories; 0 g fat; 5.4 g carbohydrates; 0.1 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 1 mg sodium. Full nutrition