Ingredients14 h 10 m servings 37
- Place apple slices in a slow cooker. Stir sugar and apple pie spice with the apples.
- Cook on High for 4 hours; stir. Remove cover and continue cooking until the apples are very tender and most of the liquid has evaporated, 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Scrape apple butter into a bowl; refrigerate 8 hours to overnight.
- Blend apple butter with an immersion blender until smooth. Alternately, you can run the butter through a food mill or blend in a blender.
- Partner Tip
- Try using a Reynolds® slow cooker liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 37 calories; 0 9.6 0.1 0 < 1 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Way, way way TOO SWEET! Unless you are using all Granny Smith apples this tasted like sugar--with a bit of apple flavoring. Scale back the sugar to 1/2 cup, or even less. I used a mixture of ...
I used Splenda Brown Sugar in place of the white sugar. I was so happy with this recipe. I am not a lover of Apple Butter but was making it for someone else. I was pleasantly surprised when I...
I combined the advice in the reviews with the original recipe, and it came out pretty good. I used both white sugar and Splenda brown sugar with Granny Smith apples.