Reduced Sugar Spiced Apple Butter
Ingredients9 h 10 m servings 19
- Stir chopped apples, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, cinnamon, cloves, and salt together in a slow cooker.
- Cook on Low until the apples are soft enough to mash easily with a fork, 8 to 10 hours.
- Puree apple mixture with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Cook uncovered until some of the liquid reduces and the color is dark brown, about 1 hour.
- Easy Cleanup
- Try using a liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 19 calories; 0 4.9 0.1 0 16 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
I made a double in two separate crock pots. Interestingly, the first came out much thicker than the other (I think I left it too long, so there was less liquid at the end to reduce... it produce...
I added another 1/4 cup of brown sugar, another teaspoon of cinnamon, and 2 teaspoons of allspice. These additions really rounded out and deepened the flavor. Splendid!
I was very happy to find a recipe with little sugar. I omitted the cloves just because i personally don't care for cloves I also only put in 3 tsp cinnamon because I didn't want it to be over po...
I made the recipe just as it was written, and will definitely make it again!!!
This recipe is wonderful . I have dietetic friends so for them they really enjoyed it. Not to hot on cloves so cut that in half, it turned out perfect.