Pimiento Relleno (Puerto Rican Stuffed Peppers)
Michelle Colón Snyder
Ingredients1 h servings 510
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook bell peppers in boiling water until softened, about 10 minutes. Arrange peppers in a baking dish with the cut side on the bottom of the dish.
- Bake peppers in preheated oven for about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onion in hot oil until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Stir sofrito, garlic, salt, cumin, oregano, and black pepper with the onion; let mixture cook together for about 1 minute. Break ground beef into small pieces into the skillet; cook and stir until the beef is crumbly and completely browned, 7 to 10 minutes. Stir tomato sauce, capers, and rice through the beef mixture; spoon into the peppers. Sprinkle cheese over the top of the stuffed peppers.
- Continue baking in oven until the cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
Per Serving: 510 calories; 30.8 28.3 30.2 98 1194 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Loved this tasty recipe! I had two colored peppers to use up, so I halved the ground beef and rice. I did use more than half of the spices called for, and had no tomato sauce, so I just used t...