Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 185
Original recipe yields 30 servings
- Line baking sheets with aluminum foil.
- Combine sugar, corn syrup, and water in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir until sugar dissolves and mixture begins to boil, 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in butter; cook, stirring frequently, until mixture is thick and syrupy and a candy thermometer inserted into the center of the syrup, not touching the bottom, reads 230 degrees F (110 degrees C), 10 to 15 minutes.
- Mix almonds and cranberries into the sugar mixture; cook and stir until temperature reaches soft-crack stage at 280 degrees F (138 degrees C), 10 to 15 minutes. Stir constantly until mixture reaches hard-crack stage at 305 degrees F (152 degrees C), 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Quickly stir baking soda into brittle mixture until fully incorporated. Pour brittle onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Stretch candy out by lifting and pulling from the edges using forks as the candy cools. Cool completely before breaking into pieces.
You might also like
Per Serving: 185 calories; 9.3 26.3 1.4 16 92 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1