Fried Mortadella Sandwich
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 775 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (4 sandwiches)
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir potatoes until browned and crisp, about 15 minutes. Set aside on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Place onion and pimiento peppers in the hot skillet; cook and stir until onion has softened, about 5 minutes. Add mortadella and cook until warmed through and slightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Spread each bun with 1 tablespoon spicy mustard. Layer with 2 slices Swiss cheese. Top with 1/4 of the mortadella and onion mixture and sprinkle with 1/4 of the fried potatoes. Top with 2 slices Asiago cheese. Repeat to make 4 sandwiches.
- Place sandwiches onto a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and buns are toasted, about 5 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat; cook eggs, 2 to 4 at a time if necessary, until whites are set but yolks are still soft, about 2 minutes per side. Place two eggs in each sandwich.
Per Serving: 775 calories; 44.4 g fat; 54.1 g carbohydrates; 38.6 g protein; 269 mg cholesterol; 1736 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2