Ingredients35 m servings 793 cals
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
- Place marinara sauce in a small saucepan over medium-low heat; cook until warmed through, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low and keep warm until sandwiches are ready.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; cook and stir onion, red bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, and goat horn pepper in the hot oil until onion softens and begins to turn golden, 7 to 8 minutes. Remove onion mixture to a plate and set aside.
- Place salami and pepperoni in the hot skillet and cook until crisp, about 2 minutes per side.
- Spread each hoagie bun with 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese and 1 tablespoon garlic spread. Top each roll with 4 slices salami and 4 slices pepperoni. Sprinkle with onion mixture and mozzarella cheese.
- Place sandwiches onto a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and bread is toasted, about 5 minutes. Spoon 1/2 cup warm marinara sauce over each sandwich.
- Editor's Note:
- Here's the link for Garlic Basil Spread.
Per Serving: 793 calories; 50.1 g fat; 48.6 g carbohydrates; 37 g protein; 133 mg cholesterol; 2215 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
MY OH MY!!!!! (as the late great Dave Niehaus would say) This is amazing! I followed this recipe but had to skip some of the hot peppers due to a lack of tolerance for "hot stuff". Two of the mo...
This is a really rich sandwich, that requires a lot of napkins. One of my kids favorites from this guys videos. He is so animated when he talks about his recipes.
Awesome sandwich. My family and company loved it. The only change I made to it was I made my own marinara sauce from scratch. Everyone wants this once a week now !!!
This sandwich has great flavor and is VERY filling. I didn't use hot chilies, and don't know what mascarpone cheese is, so I didn't use it. I used provolone cheese and it turned out nicely. W...
So delicious, and so messy! But that's what I get for over stuffing my sandwich ;)
I recommend lightly pre-toasting the bread before you put the ingredients on (as the ingredients are very moist, your bread won't get soggy in the oven).
These are pretty good. I thought the marinara overpowered the rest of the ingredients though. I shall use less of that next time.