Ingredients1 h 45 m servings 671
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, cilantro, green onions, ground chipotle peppers, lime juice, garlic basil spread, cumin, salt, and black pepper in a small bowl. Stir until combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir onions, red pepper flakes, and oregano in the hot oil until onions begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste. Add half the jalapeno pepper rings and cook until they begin to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Reserve remaining jalapeno rings.
- Spread each ciabatta roll with 1 tablespoon sweet hot mustard and 2 tablespoons chipotle mayonnaise. Evenly divide the Swiss cheese slices, slices of pork loin, ham, dill pickles, and remaining jalapeno rings among the four sandwiches. Top with cooked onion mixture.
- Place sandwiches onto a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and bread is toasted and warm, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Editor's Note:
- Here's the recipe for Garlic Basil Spread.
Per Serving: 671 calories; 52.7 26.9 24.2 85 927 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
Excellent recipe for a Cuban sandwich. I subbed my own homemade cuban rolls for the ciabatta and grilled/pressed the sandwiches, which is traditional, rather than baking.
Tried this recipe for my boyfriend's birthday. He loves spicy food more than me (because I don't like it) but this recipe was painfully spicy. I halved it and followed the directions exactly wit...
Not a traditional Cubano but a good sandwich none-the-less. Only changes were that I used Cuban bread rather than ciabatta rolls and I pressed sandwiches rather than baking them.
These were delish!! I added chipolte peppers in adobo sauce. It gave the sauce a nice spin. I wasn't sure whether the completed mayo sauce was to go over the mustard, or if the mustard was to be...
Love, love, love! The only problems we had were that it was too big of a sandwich for one person to eat and the spread was good enough. The additional hot mustard was so not needed. In fact, ...
Fantastic sandwich. The only changes I made was to the chipotle mayo - instead of the basil/garlic spread I added 1/2 teaspoon each of dried basil and garlic. It turned out fantastic. We'll def...
So so good!! My husband and I loved these! I even made mine on gf bread and they were still super tasty!