Ingredients1 h 45 m servings 671
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, cilantro, green onions, ground chipotle peppers, lime juice, garlic basil spread, cumin, salt, and black pepper in a small bowl. Stir until combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir onions, red pepper flakes, and oregano in the hot oil until onions begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste. Add half the jalapeno pepper rings and cook until they begin to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Reserve remaining jalapeno rings.
- Spread each ciabatta roll with 1 tablespoon sweet hot mustard and 2 tablespoons chipotle mayonnaise. Evenly divide the Swiss cheese slices, slices of pork loin, ham, dill pickles, and remaining jalapeno rings among the four sandwiches. Top with cooked onion mixture.
- Place sandwiches onto a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and bread is toasted and warm, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Editor's Note:
- Here's the recipe for Garlic Basil Spread.
Per Serving: 671 calories; 52.7 26.9 24.2 85 927 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
Excellent recipe for a Cuban sandwich. I subbed my own homemade cuban rolls for the ciabatta and grilled/pressed the sandwiches, which is traditional, rather than baking.
Tried this recipe for my boyfriend's birthday. He loves spicy food more than me (because I don't like it) but this recipe was painfully spicy. I halved it and followed the directions exactly wit...
Not a traditional Cubano but a good sandwich none-the-less. Only changes were that I used Cuban bread rather than ciabatta rolls and I pressed sandwiches rather than baking them.
These were delish!! I added chipolte peppers in adobo sauce. It gave the sauce a nice spin. I wasn't sure whether the completed mayo sauce was to go over the mustard, or if the mustard was to be...
Fantastic sandwich. The only changes I made was to the chipotle mayo - instead of the basil/garlic spread I added 1/2 teaspoon each of dried basil and garlic. It turned out fantastic. We'll def...
So so good!! My husband and I loved these! I even made mine on gf bread and they were still super tasty!