Ingredients45 m servings 681 cals
- Combine artichoke hearts, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, lemon zest, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper in a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Stir tri-tip steak slices into the hot oil and cook, stirring constantly until they begin to brown, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper. Add onion, yellow pepper, orange pepper, sweet hot peppers, and garlic basil spread; cook and stir until onion begins to soften, about 5 minutes. Stir in mushrooms, capers, Marsala wine, and anchovy fillet and cook until mushrooms are browned and wine has evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- Place provolone cheese and Gorgonzola cheese on top of the hot beef mixture and gently fold until cheese is melted, about 2 minutes. Remove beef-cheese mixture from heat.
- Spread each hoagie bun with about 1/4 cup artichoke aioli. Spoon beef-cheese mixture into buns and garnish with basil.
- Editor's Note:
- Here's the recipe for Garlic Basil Spread.
Per Serving: 681 calories; 36.4 g fat; 44.9 g carbohydrates; 43.7 g protein; 108 mg cholesterol; 1087 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
What a blend of great flavors. I needed a larger pan, so did meat, mushrooms and basil in one and and carmelized the onions and peppers in the other, combined for last couple of minutes to blen...
Oh my! I wish the photo I posted of this recipe did it justice :( This is wonderful. It is less complicated than it looks though I will prep the ingredients in advance next time.....and there wi...
labor intensive - yes cost efficient - no one of the best sandwiches ever - absolutely. carry on
Phenomenal sandwich. Best I've ever made. Only thing wrong with the recipe is that you've gotta use a toasted bun, and I would suggest getting a good chibata bun.
Absolutely delicious sandwich. Couldn't find tri-tip steak so used sirloin tips instead. I've made this three times in lessthan 6 months, my husband puts this at the top of his favorites. My on...
This was FABULOUS. What a flavour! One of the best sandwiches I have ever made. I used parmesan bread as I didn't have any rolls and toasted it, sensational. It was so good I forgot to take ...
Everyone of the sandwiches this guy creates look incredible, and taste even better. Not a cheap sandwich, but well worth every penny. Love the videos from this guy,put him on tv!