Ingredientsservings 311 cals
- Melt 1 tbsp of the butter in a saucepan. Whisk in flour and salt. Gradually whisk in milk until smooth. Bring mixture to a simmer over medium heat, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened. Remove from heat. Add 1-1/4 cups of the cheese, stirring until melted. Set aside.
- Melt remaining 2 tbsp butter in a large frying pan. Add mushrooms and onion; saute until tender and liquid evaporates.
- Whisk eggs. Add eggs and bacon or ham to mushroom/onion mixture. Cook until eggs are just set but still a little wet. Stir cheese sauce into egg mixture.
- Spoon mixture into a greased 9-inch (23 cm) square baking pan or 2.5 L casserole. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese over top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, uncover and bake in a preheated 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) oven until heated through and cheese is melted, 20 to 25 minutes.
- * Substitute: Instead of 6 slices cooked bacon, you can substitute 1/2 cup chopped ham.
Per Serving: 311 calories; 23.6 g fat; 4.9 g carbohydrates; 19.8 g protein; 327 mg cholesterol; 610 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
To give this egg pie a little creamier texture, I used fat free evaporated milk instead of regular milk. I did add a few spices (fresh ground black pepper, little Frank's Hot Sauce, garlic powde...
Delicious!!! Didn't have it the night before, but certainly enjoyed it on Sunday morning, while watching football!!!
I made this for Christmas morning and my husband loved it! I will probably make this again. It's just that it's hard for me to find breakfast meat I can eat (nitrates, etc.). I made it with c...