Ingredients1 h 55 m servings 459 cals
- Trim crusts from bread; reserve crusts. Cover bottom of greased 13 x 9-inch (33 x 23 cm) baking dish with slices of bread, trimming to fit if necessary. Cover with ham, then cheese. Top with another layer of bread.
- Whisk eggs. Add onion, green pepper, dry mustard, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco; whisk to combine. Whisk in milk. Pour mixture over bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Meanwhile, pulse reserved crusts in food processor until coarsely chopped. Set aside 1-1/2 cups of the bread crumbs. (Remainder can be frozen for another use.)
- The next day, stir butter into bread crumbs until moistened. Sprinkle buttered crumbs over top of casserole.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F (180 degrees F) oven until puffed, set and golden brown, about 1 to 1-1/4 hours.
Per Serving: 459 calories; 22.4 g fat; 39.2 g carbohydrates; 24.6 g protein; 200 mg cholesterol; 1095 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
... that should be 1/2 tsp. of dry mustard not 1/2 cup. With half a cup of dry mustard it could change the cook into a 'lifer' after all of the guests have died.
Just finishing up eating my first batch. I halved the recipe for the two of us. I left out the peppers since neither of us like them. I will cut down on the bread crumbs next time and maybe add ...
12-24-15 ~ The kids were here for Christmas, so we had this for Christmas Eve breakfast. It was a big hit with the 4 of us. I realized, after the casserole had almost finished baking that I di...