Ingredients10 m servings 164 cals
- Melt butter in a medium (10-inch/25 cm) frying pan over medium heat. Add mushrooms, peppers and onion; saute until tender.
- While vegetables are cooking, whisk together eggs and water. Pour egg mixture over vegetables in the frying pan. Cover and cook over medium heat, occasionally poking through the mixture to allow uncooked egg to flow to the bottom of the pan.
- When bottom is cooked and top is almost set, finish cooking the frittata on the stove top by covering it with a lid for a few minutes, or flip it over in the pan to cook the top, or cook the top under the broiler.
- To flip the frittata, place a dinner plate over the pan holding it firmly in place, then turn the frying pan and plate upside down. The frittata will fall into the plate, top side down. Slide the frittata back into the frying pan, top down. Cook for a few minutes until top (now the bottom) is cooked.
- Alternately, place the frying pan under a preheated broiler until the top is cooked and slightly puffed, about a minute or two. The frying pan must be ovenproof in order to do this. To ovenproof the handle, wrap it with a double thickness of aluminum foil.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
Per Serving: 164 calories; 12.6 g fat; 2.4 g carbohydrates; 9.9 g protein; 281 mg cholesterol; 152 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I changed the recipe quite bit. I sauteed the vegetables and whisked the eggs in bowl separately. Put a layer of egg, vegetables and cheese and then repeated the layer for a second time. Had the...
It's sort off tough to know when it's done because of the veggie content but otherwise it's pretty simple.
Really easy. First frittata ever, so easy is good. Used red onions & red peppers as that's what I had. Added frozen breakfast sausage too as I like that extra bit of salty flavor (and meat). M...
Delicious! I modified by adding fresh dill and cilantro. Also just salt,pepper and some shredded spicy cheese. Made in a cast iron skillet on stove and baked in oven at 375 for 5 mins then 2 m...