Ingredients30 m servings 301 cals
- Melt butter in a 4-cup measuring cup or a medium bowl in the microwave. Stir in flour, salt and pepper.
- Whisk in milk, then cheese, until combined. Cook in microwave for 2 minutes on High; stir. Cook for another 1-1/2 to 2 minutes until mixture becomes a smooth, thickened sauce.
- Whisk egg yolks until blended. Add a little of the sauce to the yolks; stir thoroughly. Stir yolk mixture back into the sauce.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Fold egg yolk/sauce mixture gently into beaten egg whites just until combined. (Mixture does not have to be completely blended.)
- Spoon or pour into four lightly greased 1-cup straight-sided ramekins or souffle dishes.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degrees F (160 degrees C) oven until puffed and golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Per Serving: 301 calories; 22.6 g fat; 9.8 g carbohydrates; 14.6 g protein; 211 mg cholesterol; 455 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Suddenly decided I wanted to try to make a soufflé this morning. This was the best-looking recipe I could find. Never having made soufflé before, I wasn't expecting much, but they turned out gre...
With a pinch of dry mustard, garlic powder, and cayenne added the dish was improved. Also, I made it twice and the first time it didn't brown. The next time I preheated to 400 and when putting i...
Needs seasoning! Came together nicely as a soufflé, but my husband asked that I never make this again. Too drab, little flavor. So if you opt to try this out, you may want to pop in your favori...
No flavor, didn't poof much or brown (though that might have been user error). Too salty. The cheese has enough salt.