Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 130
- Grease 2 baking sheets.
- Melt margarine in a saucepan over medium heat; stir brown sugar and salt into the melted margarine. Mix in corn syrup and sweetened condensed milk; cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture reaches 250 degrees F (120 degrees C), 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat; fold in pecans. Stir vanilla extract into the caramel mixture.
- Drop spoonfuls of caramel onto the prepared baking sheet. Allow caramels to cool until firm.
- Cook and stir chocolate chips in a saucepan over medium-low heat until melted and smooth, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Dip cooled caramels in the melted chocolate; return to greased baking sheet. Cool until chocolate is set.
- TURTLES® is a registered trademark of DeMet's Candy Company.
- Parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 130 calories; 7.7 16.2 1.1 2 46 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I decided to try these to test some candy recipes for the holidays. I don't know why, but these reminded me so much of the turtle candies from the fundraiser boxes. I did get exactly 3 dozen as ...
I should have known when it said 15 - 20 minutes ... there is no way it could get to 250 degrees in that short of time. ANYWAY you need to adjust time or temperature .... Not sure which. Thi...
I must have done something wrong because mine turned out poorly. First off, they didn't harden up even in the fridge. When I put them in the freezer they stuck to the wax paper even though I coa...
freeze the caramel/nut mixture to make it easier to cover in chocolate without making a mess