Swiss Cheese Green Bean Casserole
Ingredients55 m servings 343
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add green beans, cover, and steam until slightly tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir 2 tablespoons butter, flour, onion, sugar, and salt together in a saucepan over medium heat; gradually stir in sour cream. Cook and stir mixture until hot, thickened, and smooth, about 10 minutes. Add steamed green beans to the cream mixture. Pour green bean-cream mixture into a 2-quart casserole dish; sprinkle with Swiss cheese.
- Mix corn flakes and 2 tablespoons butter in a bowl until well coated; sprinkle over Swiss cheese layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is bubbling and topping is browned, about 20 minutes.
Per Serving: 343 calories; 25.9 18.4 11.8 67 472 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
I wanted to add a couple of things. This recipe was related to me over 20 years ago by a friend I met when we were both VERY pregnant with our first children in a childbirth class (Hi Nancy!). ...
My mother makes this recipe for holidays and my boyfriend and I just can't get enough of it
This is a wonderful recipe! I have been making for the holidays every year for about 30 years, my Aunt gave me this recipe, she got it from a friend in the late 40's, so it's been around a while...
We thought it was really good! I've been making this since I was in High School, (I'll soon be 70!) but the sour cream was a new addition. I love how the beans stay "meaty".
This is my families favorite. My father found this recipe in the road when he was alive and it’s been a family favorite ever since!