Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding with Vanilla Yogurt Sauce
National Dairy Council
"A new take on a crowd-pleasing dessert, this bread pudding is sprinkled with cinnamon and raisins and served with a vanilla pudding sauce. Made with nutrient-rich, lactose-free milk, this recipe is a friendly option for those who are lactose intolerant."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 269 cals
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray an 8-x8-inch baking pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- Place bread cubes in a large bowl; sprinkle with cinnamon. In a medium bowl, whisk egg substitute, egg whites, sugar substitute, fat-free or low-fat lactose-free milk and vanilla until blended. Pour over bread, sprinkle with raisins and stir gently to mix. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake 45 minutes in preheated oven or until top is puffed and golden and tester comes out clean.
- Cut into squares and serve warm with vanilla pudding sauce.
- Vanilla pudding sauce: Whisk egg, egg white, sugar and cornstarch together in a medium saucepan. Whisk in fat-free or low-fat lactose-free milk.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and begins to bubble, about 10 minutes. Serve warm or cold.
Per Serving: 269 calories; 2.5 g fat; 48 g carbohydrates; 12.9 g protein; 20 mg cholesterol; 433 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1