Ingredients2 h 15 m servings 348
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Spread pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake pecans in the preheated oven until golden, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove pecans from oven and reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt together in a large bowl. Stir applesauce, water, vegetable oil, and vinegar together in a separate bowl. Stir applesauce mixture into flour mixture until just combined; fold in pecans. Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes. Cool bread in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Per Serving: 348 calories; 12.2 57.9 3.7 0 307 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 11
I cut the brown sugar back by half and used a homemade apple butter instead of applesauce. I crushed a package of Nature Valley granola bars and sprinkled a little over each muffin mound before ...
This bread came out very good. I did omit the pecans for family preference. This recipe did not miss them. The flavor was great. Thank you for a good recipe.
Omitted nutmeg and pecans. Used applesauce instead of oil as well (applesauce can be used as a healthier sub for oil, butter,and eggs in any recipe)and added 4 ripe bananas mashed in the batter....
Do not be concerned that this recipe is eggless. It is delicious! I make it often throughout the school year for a treat at school or when they come home. We have even had it with a smoothie for...
Very easy and tasty. I made this for a work breakfast and didn't think one recipe would be enough, so I doubled it. It made for a huge cake--almost too huge! However, everyone at work loved it...
I was concerned because there was no egg! Most quick bread loaves have an egg, so I added one. I also bumped up the spices and cut the brown sugar to 1 scant cup. The applesauce was sweet enough...
I must add that since I used mini muffin tins I cut the bake time down to 20 minutes and they came out perfectly!