Ingredients1 h servings 401
- Wrap each squash half with plastic wrap.
- Place wrapped squash, cut side down, in microwave; cook on high until squash is tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Leave squash wrapped while preparing filling.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir red bell pepper, radish, leek, celery, jalapeno pepper, and garlic in the hot oil until softened, about 10 minutes. Add vegetable stock and rice; stir to combine. Cover and simmer until broth is absorbed and rice is tender, about 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle greens into rice mixture; cover and simmer until greens are wilted, about 5 minutes. Add curry powder, curry paste, and walnuts to rice mixture; stir to combine.
- Unwrap squash and set halves, cut sides up, into 4 soup bowls. Spoon about 2 tablespoons feta cheese into each squash half. Add a large scoop of rice mixture atop feta layer. Top rice mixture layer with any leftover feta.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 401 calories; 14 63.5 10.1 17 501 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I'm giving this 5 stars even though I made a handful of adaptations based on preferences and what I had available, because this recipe made a great base with some unique flavour ideas. My change...
I used bleu cheese for feta; spinach in place of greens; and instead of rice, a mix of 2 parts kef and 1 part millet. I cooked the empty squash halves in more conventional fashion; next time I w...
Healthy and Yummy! I pretty much followed the recipe, except used jasmine rice since I had no brown rice, so shortened the time of simmering to 18 mins. My acorn squash was pretty large so I cu...
This was very good. Cheese really added to the flavor. Thanks for great tasting healthy recipe.