Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredientsservings 472 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine pie filling, raisins, lemon juice, one teaspoon of the vanilla, 1/2 teaspoon of the cinnamon and the salt.
- Spread mixture evenly in the bottom of a 3-quart rectangular baking dish.
- In a shallow dish whisk together eggs, milk, sugar, remaining 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla and remaining 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Dip bread slices in egg mixture, turning to coat both sides.
- In a very large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add bread slices, half at a time, to hot skillet.
- Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until bread is lightly browned, turning once to brown both sides.
- Arrange bread slices in a single layer atop apple mixture in dish.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through.
- Cool slightly. Serve bread slices on serving plates and top with apple mixture.
Per Serving: 472 calories; 13.3 g fat; 76.9 g carbohydrates; 11.6 g protein; 166 mg cholesterol; 501 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Fantastic! My hubby and I loved it. Only thing I changed was I used real apples chopped up and added crumbled sausage.