Corn on the Cob Latino
made it | 0 reviews |
Regina Snider Wilson
"Corn baked in banana leaves with spices. This is something I created. I hope you like. Also you may want to chop up onions and cilantro and add over the mixture before you wrap it up. Throw it on the grill until you feel it has cooked long enough. You could even cook this in a pit under hot coals."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 45 m servings 164 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Blend orange juice, lime juice, lemon juice, aji pepper, sea salt, black pepper, garlic, and cinnamon in a blender until pepper and garlic are very finely chopped, about 30 seconds. Add margarine and blend until smooth, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil; lay banana leaves onto foil. Place ears of corn on banana leaves and spread margarine mixture evenly over corn. Wrap foil and banana leaves over the seasoned ears of corn, using more foil if necessary to tightly seal corn in a bundle.
- Bake in the preheated oven until corn is tender and flavors have blended, 1 1/2 hours. Unwrap and serve.
- Partner tip: Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 164 calories; 9.1 g fat; 21.6 g carbohydrates; 3.3 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 328 mg sodium. Full nutrition