Orange, Tea, Bourbon-Brined Paprika Butter Turkey
Ingredients10 h 45 m servings 508 cals
- Pour 2 quarts of water into a large soup pot and stir in orange juice and zest, kosher salt, sugar, black tea bags, bay leaves, cloves, peppercorns, and bourbon. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 10 minutes. Mix 4 quarts cold water into brine and let cool. Submerge turkey breast in brine, adding more water if needed to cover. Refrigerate 8 hours to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Set oven rack to the lowest position in the oven.
- Remove turkey from marinade; discard marinade. Rinse turkey and pat dry with paper towels. Mix coriander seeds, paprika, cumin seeds, and garlic into softened butter in a bowl.
- Loosen the skin over turkey breast with your fingers and spread 1/4 cup of seasoned butter beneath the skin. Rub remaining 2 tablespoons seasoned butter over the turkey breast. Place turkey breast onto a roasting rack and set rack into a roasting pan.
- Roast in the preheated oven until skin is golden brown and an instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast reads 165 degrees F (75 degrees C), about 2 hours. Transfer to a cutting board and let turkey breast rest 30 minutes before slicing.
Per Serving: 508 calories; 15.2 g fat; 19.1 g carbohydrates; 58.9 g protein; 126 mg cholesterol; 16286 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I also cut this recipe in half and used it for a chicken. It turned out moist and tender, but a little too salty for our taste.
I used this recipe on a chicken instead of a turkey breast so I just halved everything and let it sit in brine 8 hours. Only change I made was to use fat-free greek yogurt instead of butter for...
We received so many compliments last year on our turkey that we are doing it again this year. We hosted two Thanksgiving dinners totaling 45 people and used this recipe. Rave reviews. Turkey ...