Luscious Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie
Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 647 cals
- In a blender or food processor, blend the vanilla wafer cookies and walnuts into fine crumbs. Transfer to a 9 inch pie pan. Mix in the butter and maple syrup. Using a fork, press firmly and evenly onto the bottom and sides of the pie pan to create a crust. Chill 10 minutes in the freezer.
- In a large bowl, blend the vanilla ice cream, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice. Spoon into the pie crust. Smooth top with a spatula. Chill 1 hour in the freezer, or until firm.
- Before serving pie, place the heavy cream and granulated sugar in a small bowl. Mix with an electric mixer on high speed until peaks form. Spoon into a pastry bag with a star tip and pipe around the edge of the pie.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt shortening and chocolate chips, stirring occasionally, until smooth. Transfer to a small plastic container and chill in the freezer 30 minutes, or until firm.
- Remove chocolate from container. Using a vegetable peeler or cheese slicer, scrape the chocolate to form small curls. Use the curls to decorate the pie
Per Serving: 647 calories; 44.2 g fat; 61.8 g carbohydrates; 6.7 g protein; 75 mg cholesterol; 221 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
I tried out this recipe on 20 of my friends and they all loved it! It took me minutes to make; I doubled the recipe and prepared it in oversized shallow glass bowl. What a stunning presentatio...
This was good. Not as good as I thought it would be. Family thought it was ok.
This is very good and very easy! It's a little messy to put together, but everyone just loved it.
My 10 year old daughter made this for our Thanksgiving. We loved it! the crust is fantastic and will be one we use for many pies. The filling was frozen and very refreshing after a heavy mea...
This turned out really well, all my guests enjoyed it. I omitted the Walnuts & maple syrup from the crust and just used store bought whipped cream when searving.