Mamita's Mojito Scallop Kabobs with Stuffed Tomatoes
Ingredients8 h 55 m servings 770 cals
- Whisk orange juice, lemon juice, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, and sugar together in a large bowl to dissolve seasoning into the liquid. Add scallops, yellow squash, zucchinis, and portobello mushroom to the mojito marinade; toss to coat.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate 8 hours to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Thread onto a skewer a piece of mushroom, yellow squash, zucchini, and a scallop, respectively. Repeat so there are two of each item on the skewer; repeat with remaining skewers. Sprinkle fresh basil evenly over the skewers.
- Carefully remove tomato insides with a spoon; discard tomato insides.
- Pour broccoli with cheese sauce into a microwave-safe bowl; cook in microwave until broccoli is tender and the sauce is melted, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir broccoli with cheese sauce and rice together in a bowl; spoon into the hollowed-out tomatoes. Place 2 strips American cheese atop the mixture in a crossing pattern.
- Cook the skewers in preheated oven until the scallops are cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven to a plate; cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake tomatoes in the oven until the cheese is bubbling, 5 to 10 minutes. Serve with the skewers.
- Partner tip: Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 770 calories; 20.7 g fat; 98.6 g carbohydrates; 56.4 g protein; 103 mg cholesterol; 4379 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This recipe has potential but there are a couple of issues with it. The marinade needs doubled if you want to be able to taste it. If you put your scallops in the marinade for 8 hours, the acid ...