Ingredients2 h servings 364 cals
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil; lightly oil the foil.
- Arrange pumpkin halves onto the prepared baking sheet, cut sides down.
- Bake in preheated oven until flesh is tender throughout, about 40 minutes. Set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Increase oven heat to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Scrape pumpkin flesh into a large mixing bowl. Add eggs, heavy cream, sour cream, demerara sugar, flour, pumpkin pie spice, and salt; beat until smooth. Pour the pumpkin mixture into pie crusts.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
Per Serving: 364 calories; 17.4 g fat; 50.3 g carbohydrates; 5.3 g protein; 68 mg cholesterol; 333 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 15
I was in search of a recipe for real pumpkin pie...no canned pumpkin or milk involved. This recipe delivered big time! I loved the use of heavy cream and sour cream rather than the typical eva...
After looking at hundreds of recipes, I decided to try this one. After I made a pie with this recipe, I promptly went to the store to buy several more fresh pie pumpkins to cook, puree and free...
All at Thanksgiving agreed, this is the BEST pumpkin pie we've ever tasted! I made half the recipe, and made it gluten-free by using a GF crust and omitting the flour. I used half the amount o...
This recipe is easy and straightforward, you only used one prep bowl to mix everything. I used baked butternut squash pulp. Made only one pie and used only 1/2 cup of palm sugar. It was still sw...
Everyone raved about this recipe. I cut it in half to make one pie and only used 3/4c sugar. I was discouraged that there was no amount listed for the pumpkin (my sugar pumpkins were rather larg...
This pie was great! The texture and consistency were wonderful. I didn't change a thing and everyone at the party raved about it. I also made mini muffin tin pies with this filling and all bu...
This was absolutely the most delicious pumpkin pie we have ever tasted. I followed the recipe exactly and would not change a thing. It came out perfectly cooked, silky and very flavourful. I ...
Excellent recipe. The texture and taste of the filling was great. Next time I'll cover the edges of the pie during the last 10 minutes and chill the pie completely before slicing into it. This i...