Ingredients35 m servings 292 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking dish.
- Pour boiling water over couscous in a bowl. Cover bowl with plastic wrap. Let couscous soak until the water is completely absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- Slice the tops from tomatoes and take a very small slice of the bottoms so they will be stable upright. Use a spoon to remove and discard the tomato innards. Put tomatoes in the prepared baking dish.
- Bake tomatoes in the preheated oven until lightly charred at the edges, about 20 minutes.
- Line the inner walls of each tomato with 4 basil leaves.
- Toss mozzarella cheese with the couscous; stuff into tomatoes. Drizzle balsamic vinegar over the top of the stuffed tomatoes.
Per Serving: 292 calories; 9.4 g fat; 32.6 g carbohydrates; 18.8 g protein; 36 mg cholesterol; 367 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I can't believe this recipe only has 3 reviews so far! My family loves this recipe, even my pizza-only daughter. This recipe only needs changes based off of personal preference, this is why it...
I served this as a light lunch for my husband and self; used dried basil added to the couscous. I have made this twice, both times stuffing the couscous into unbaked hollowed tomato and topping ...
This was very good, but we think in the summer on the grill it'll be fantastic with vine-ripe tomatoes. I did add butter and salt to the couscous just for more flavor, and after I stuffed the t...