made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 490 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Place a piece of aluminum foil on the bottom rack of the oven to catch any drippings.
- Mix 1 cup all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda together in a large bowl. Work 1/4 cup butter into flour mixture using your hands until about half the butter has been incorporated and the rest is in pea-sized pieces.
- Make a well in the center of the flour-butter mixture; add buttermilk to the well. Stir with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon until dough just comes together.
- Lightly dust a piece of parchment paper with 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour.
- Turn dough onto the prepared parchment paper. Shape dough into a ball; wrap parchment paper around dough. Store in refrigerator while preparing the blackberry filling.
- Mix blackberries, 1 1/4 cup sugar, and water together in a large bowl.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a 10-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat. Pour blackberry mixture into the melted butter and bring to a simmer. Decrease heat to medium-low; cook and stir until liquid has reduced and is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 15 minutes.
- Gently drop large spoonfuls of dough evenly into the blackberry mixture; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow grunt to cool for 15 to 30 minutes before serving.
- Partner tip: Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 490 calories; 13.2 g fat; 89.2 g carbohydrates; 8.5 g protein; 32 mg cholesterol; 680 mg sodium. Full nutrition