4 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 490
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Place a piece of aluminum foil on the bottom rack of the oven to catch any drippings.
- Mix 1 cup all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda together in a large bowl. Work 1/4 cup butter into flour mixture using your hands until about half the butter has been incorporated and the rest is in pea-sized pieces.
- Make a well in the center of the flour-butter mixture; add buttermilk to the well. Stir with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon until dough just comes together.
- Lightly dust a piece of parchment paper with 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour.
- Turn dough onto the prepared parchment paper. Shape dough into a ball; wrap parchment paper around dough. Store in refrigerator while preparing the blackberry filling.
- Mix blackberries, 1 1/4 cup sugar, and water together in a large bowl.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a 10-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat. Pour blackberry mixture into the melted butter and bring to a simmer. Decrease heat to medium-low; cook and stir until liquid has reduced and is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 15 minutes.
- Gently drop large spoonfuls of dough evenly into the blackberry mixture; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow grunt to cool for 15 to 30 minutes before serving.
You might also like
- Partner tip: Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 490 calories; 13.2 89.2 8.5 32 680 Full nutrition