Grownup Chai Chocolate Cupcakes
Ingredients45 m servings 207
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Line a muffin tin with 10 paper liners.
- Melt butter and chocolate in the top of a double boiler over simmering water until smooth, stirring frequently and scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Open tea bags and pour the chai mixture into a spice grinder; grind into a fine powder, 5 to 10 seconds.
- Mix flour, sugar, and chai powder together in a large bowl; add eggs, one at a time, whisking until batter is smooth after each addition. Stir in vanilla extract. Pour chocolate mixture into batter, stirring until just combined. Pour batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean and the tops are glossy and slightly cracked, about 25 minutes. Remove muffins immediately from tin and cool on a wire rack.
- Cook's Note:
- Different brands of tea spice their chai differently, you may need another tea bag or two if your tea is mildly spiced. The flavor should be noticeable but not overpowering.
Per Serving: 207 calories; 13.2 21.8 2.7 62 17 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
These taste good, but they come out with a texture that is much more like a muffin than a cupcake. It's quite heavy and dense, as the previous reviewer mentioned. It's odd there is no baking p...
These were just OK. Very very dense. They tasted fairly good but extreamly heavy.