Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 318
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion in the hot oil until tender, about 10 minutes. Season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper.
- Mix parsley, garlic, Parmesan cheese, egg, 1 pinch salt, and 1 pinch pepper in a bowl; drizzle in about 1 tablespoon olive oil, while continually stirring, until a sticky consistency is reached.
- Spread parsley filling in a thin layer atop flank steak; roll steak in a jelly-roll style and fasten ending piece to steak with toothpicks to contain filling.
- Pour remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil into skillet with onions over medium heat; cook steak roll in the onion mixture, turning steak until browned on all sides, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Add tomato sauce, sugar, and chopped tomato to the steak mixture; simmer over very low heat until steak is cooked through and sauce has slightly reduced, 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Partner Tip
- Try using a Reynolds® slow cooker liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 318 calories; 22.8 5.5 22.6 89 749 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 9
My family loved it. I put the steak rolls together the night before and refridgerate. Then brown them in the olive oil and onions the next day. Put the browned beef, onions and other sauce ing...
The main reason I picked this recipe over all the other flank steak recipes on this sight is because it didn't require it to be marinated. That, I think, is a mistake. Maybe mechanical tenderizi...
I made this recipe with the following increases 2.5 lbs of flank and about 1-1/2 hard boiled eggs, and 2 chopped tomatoes. It was outstanding!!! My only change I would make to this receipe is s...
The Bracciole is just like Nonna's! but the sauce lacks flavour and needs basil, garlic, oregano and some parsley. This was a staple at Easter and I've missed it these past few years, Nonna no ...
I followed the recipe as written. My husband and I loved this! Wouldn't change a thing. Served with a nice salad w/Italian dressing. :) YUM!
This was a really nice change from regular spaghetti or bolognese.
I'm hoping I don't have to rate it. I didn't try it yet;but I wanted to tell people that my ex husband's family were true Italian, and they ate this for Christmas day. It seems fairly close...