Mango Cilantro Chicken with Truvia® Natural Sweetener
1 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Put the mangoes, cilantro, Truvia(R) natural sweetener, hot sauce, vinegar, coconut milk, onion, garlic, lime juice and oil in a food processor and puree until smooth, add water if too thick. Adjust salt and pepper to taste. You should have about one quart of marinade-split in half.
- Add the chicken with half the mango mixture to a plastic bag, and rub to coat the chicken with the mango puree. Refrigerate at least 6 to 8 hours to marinate.
- Put the other half of the mango mixture into a small saucepan with the water and simmer over low heat until thick, up to 20 minutes.
- Preheat a grill to medium high heat. Spray with non-stick cooking spray so chicken won't stick to the grill. Season chicken with salt and pepper and place on grill.
- Cook slowly to avoid burning. Turn heat down to medium and cook for about 20 minutes basting the chicken with marinade.
- Discard marinade that was in contact with raw chicken. For the last 10 minutes of cooking only use the stovetop sauce as a marinade.
- Cook chicken until reaching an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Slice the chicken and serve with steamed greens such as spinach. Spoon some of the cooked sauce over the chicken if desired.
You might also like
- *or 41 packets Truvia® natural sweetener
- This entree has 210 calories and 2 grams of sugar per serving, compared to the sugar-sweetened version that has 260 calories and 14 grams of sugar per serving.
- Nutrition Facts per serving (5oz): Calories 210; Total Fat, 6g; Saturated Fat, 3g; Trans Fat, 0g; Cholesterol, 85mg; Sodium, 440mg; Total Carbohydrate, 10g; Dietary Fiber, 1g; Sugars, 2g; Erythritol, 6g; Protein, 35g; Vitamin A, 25% DV; Vitamin C, 4% DV; Calcium, 15% DV; Iron, 10% DV.