Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Roll out half of the pastry on a floured surface to 1 inch larger than inverted 9-inch pie pan. Ease pastry into pan.
- Blend Truvia(R) natural sweetener, cornstarch, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in small bowl. Sprinkle on apples and toss until coated. Add lemon zest and mix thoroughly. Arrange apple mix into crust. Cut butter into slices, place on top of apples.
- Roll remaining pastry into circle large enough to cover inverted 9-inch pie pan. Place over apples, seal edges, trim and flute. Cut slits in top to allow steam to escape.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until crust is golden and apples are tender. Cool on wire rack.
- *This apple pie has 250 calories per serving as compared to regular apple pie that has 310 calories per serving
- **or 24 packets Truvia® natural sweetener.
- Nutrition Facts per serving: Calories 250; Total Fat, 13g; Saturated Fat, 8g; Trans Fat, 0g; Cholesterol, 35mg; Sodium, 115mg; Total Carbohydrate, 41g; Dietary Fiber, 3g; Sugars, 10g; Erythritol, 8g: Protein, 2g; Vitamin A, 10% DV; Vitamin C, 10% DV; Calcium, 0% DV; Iron, 6% DV.
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I used a premade crust and it came out great. I followed the directions and it was a big hit! Having a re pie made for using Truvia is very helpful when you are trying to control your sugar in...