Kansas City Style Barbecue Sauce with Truvia® Natural Sweetener
- Saute onion and garlic in butter in medium sauce pan.
- In a separate small bowl, stir together the remaining ingredients.
- Add to sauce pan, simmer for 30 minutes. For thinner sauce, reduce cook time, and for thicker sauce increase cook time.
- For best results, refrigerate overnight before use.
- * or 27 packets Truvia® natural sweetener
- Replace red wine vinegar with another version such as apple cider.
- For more heat, add your favorite chilies or ground peppers.
- **This sauce has 35 calories and 5 grams of sugar per serving compared to the sugar-sweetened version that has 80 calories and 17 grams of sugar per serving.
- Nutrition Facts per serving (2 Tbsp-36 g): Calories 35; Total Fat, 0.5g; Saturated Fat, 0g; Trans Fat, 0g; Cholesterol, 0mg; Sodium, 290mg; Total Carbohydrate, 13g; Dietary Fiber, 0g; Sugars, 5g; Erythritol, 5g; Protein, 0g; Vitamin A, 8% DV; Vitamin C, 6% DV; Calcium, 0% DV; Iron, 2% DV.
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
If you like sweet bbq sauce, this one will do it. But I cut the sugar down to 1/4 cup and it was still sickening sweet. Next time, I'll cut it even more. It's a good sauce, I liked it, got all o...
I don’t know how Kansas City BBQ sauce is supposed to taste, but we liked this recipe...a lot! Had a bunch of ingredients, but they all had a good balance. This had just the right amount of sp...
This is so delicious. Substituted sugar for only 1/2 cup stevia in the Raw. Still was too sweet. But awesome.