Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Original recipe yields 24 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Combine oil, applesauce and Truvia(R) Baking Blend in a separate large mixing bowl. Blend in eggs. Carefully add red food coloring and vanilla while mixing at low speed.
- Combine the buttermilk and vinegar. Then add half of the flour mixture and half of the buttermilk mixture to the oil mixture at a time and mix just until combined.
- Fill paper lined or greased cups 3/4 full with batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cupcakes comes out clean.
- Frosting: Mix cream cheese and Truvia(R) Baking Blend at low speed for 1 minute. Add the vanilla and mix for another minute at low to medium speed or until creamy and smooth. Add 1 teaspoon of milk, if desired, for thinner spreading consistency.
- Frost the cooled cupcakes.
You might also like
- Note: For the 1/8 cup red food coloring, you can substitute 3 Tbsp beet powder.
- *This cupcake has 220 calories, 13 grams fat and 8 grams of sugar per serving compared to a full fat cupcake made with all sugar that has 370 calories, 22 grams fat and 26 grams of sugar per serving.
- **This recipe replaces 1 cup of oil with 1 cup of applesauce to reduce the fat and calorie content.
- Nutrition Facts per serving (1 frosted cupcake; 86g): Calories 220; Total Fat, 13g; Saturated Fat, 3g; Trans Fat, 0g; Cholesterol, 40mg; Sodium, 350mg; Total Carbohydrate, 28g; Dietary Fiber, 1g; Sugars, 8g; Erythritol, 6g: Protein, 5g; Vitamin A, 4% DV; Vitamin C, 4% DV; Calcium, 4% DV; Iron, 10% DV.
ReviewsRead all reviews 2