Ingredients11 m servings 33 cals
- Fill a large bowl with ice cubes and water and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Cut an X in the bottom of each tomato with a knife.
- Place prepared tomatoes in the pot of boiling water and cook until the skins begin to peel off, 10 to 40 seconds.
- Transfer tomatoes to the bowl of ice water and allow to cool for 2 to 3 minutes. When cool enough to handle, peel the skin off each tomato.
- Cut each tomato in half crosswise and remove and discard the seeds; finely dice the flesh.
Per Serving: 33 calories; 0.4 g fat; 7.2 g carbohydrates; 1.6 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 9 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 12
Had a bumper crop of tomatoes, so I used this recipe in all of them, put portions in baggies and froze them for use later in the fall for chile, etc...
Omg, I made this and people were telling me it was the best thing they ever ate!!! Love Chef John, you make me feel like a chef & I'm not even close!! Anything I make from you, people love & t...
I have been canning and freezing tomatoes prepared this way all my life(82) years. Just didn't know it had a fancy name. We never liked the abundance of seeds in dishes I made from home preser...