Ingredientsservings 166 cals
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, mix cranberries and orange peel with chicken stock and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Set aside. Heat a large sauce pan over high heat and add margarine.
- Stir in celery, shallot and poultry seasoning and saute 3 minutes. Stir in cranberry mixture, pecans, parsley and rice and cook over medium heat for 3 more minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- To toast pecans: Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Place pecans on a small cookie sheet and bake for 5 minutes. Be careful not to burn pecans. Cool.
- Onions may be substituted for the shallots.
Per Serving: 166 calories; 7.5 g fat; 25.2 g carbohydrates; 2.6 g protein; < 1 mg cholesterol; 84 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
My family really liked this. I sauteed my veggies in grapeseed oil rather than margarine. It was a tad on the bland side, but that may be because I used dried parsley rather than fresh. Very ...
We really enjoyed this dish, and I don't usually like brown rice. I did make a few changes, I know, I know. I shouldn't be rating and reviewing it if I changed it, but the recipe deserves feedba...
Great flavor! I added 1/4 cup of sour cherry jam, and used orange juice instead of chicken stock (no orange peel). Turned out to be a fabulous side dish.