Macaroni and Cheese with Sausage and Pears
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 443
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 3-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, 8 minutes. Drain macaroni and transfer to the prepared casserole dish.
- Heat butter in a saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir onions in the melted butter until partially translucent, about 5 minutes. Whisk in flour until paste-like consistency, 3 to 5 minutes. Slowly stream in milk, stirring constantly, until flour mixture is incorporated, about 5 minutes. Stir in Cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese until completely melted and and sauce has thickened, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Pour cheese sauce into macaroni; stir to coat. Season with black pepper. Stir in sausage.
- Reserve 4 slices of pears; dice remaining pear slices and stir into macaroni mixture. Arrange the reserved slices atop macaroni mixture.
- Stir 2 tablespoons melted butter and bread crumbs together in a small bowl; sprinkle over macaroni mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is bubbling and topping is lightly browned, about 30 minutes.
Per Serving: 443 calories; 24.4 36.9 19 71 441 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
This is THE BEST mac and cheese EVER! The sausage with the pear makes it mouth watering, and it comes out of the oven bubbling and scenting the whole house with homemade goodness. I highly rec...
I served this Mac and Cheese with a salad and my family said it was a great meal. I followed the recipe to a T until I only found Colby Jack cheese in my fridge. I used it and it was still del...
Really good recipe. It reminds me of all the best stuff on the cheese/fruit/sausage tray. It's also really adaptable - I used shallots instead of onions. I could see mushrooms or roasted fenn...
The pear gave this recipe great flavour, i wld. make it again and perhaps try different fruits, i used pear as i had mark down pears - but it was good.
This turned out pretty well. I forgot to get pears at the store so I made it without. I did add a small can of diced peppers to give it a little extra spice. The texture of the sauce did turn...
I used Gruyere, Fontina, a little Italian blend cheese and 1/2 cup cheddar. I substituted Bacon and used Bosch pears. Added a little red pepper flake kick and it was enjoyed by all.
We really enjoyed this! We had Aidell's mushroom and swiss sausages and they were perfect for the dish. I didn't have any pears so I skipped that and would like to try it next time, but didn't ...