Ingredients2 h 50 m servings 172
- Dissolve yeast in lukewarm water in a bowl. Let stand until the yeast softens and begins to form a creamy foam, about 20 minutes.
- Mix flour, salt, butter, 1 cup white sugar, eggs, and yeast mixture, respectively, in a large bowl. Stir in scalded milk and pumpkin puree until dough consistency is reached. Shape dough into a ball and place in a bowl; cover bowl with a towel. Let rise for 90 minutes.
- Shape dough into 2 dozen knotted rolls; arrange on a baking sheet. Let rise again for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Whisk egg yolk with 1/2 teaspoon white sugar until dissolved; brush tops of rolls.
- Place baking sheet on the bottom rack of preheated oven; bake rolls for 10 minutes. Transfer baking sheet to top rack; bake until rolls are lightly browned, 6 to 10 more minutes.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 172 calories; 2.1 33.7 4.5 27 91 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
I liked this recipe, but found the rolls to be a little too sweet for my taste. Next time I will reduce the sugar to 1/2 cup. Thank you, these will be great with our turkey dinner.
I used half scalded milk and half buttermilk. The only other change I made was using 4 cups of Whole wheat flour and about the same amount of regular flour...the dough was pretty sticky so I ha...
Loved these! I shaped mine to look like little pumpkins. These are perfect to serve with Thanksgiving dinner.
I don't make bread a lot but I love all things pumpkin and simply had to try this. It was super easy to follow and also tasted incredible. I added in some cinnamon, though, to compliment the pu...
The texture is heavenly. The taste delicious. Next time I’ll use more pumpkin to get a stronger flavor.