Sweet Moist Apple Bread
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 295
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Beat 1/2 cup softened butter with 1/2 cup white sugar and sucralose sweetener in a bowl until creamy. Beat in eggs, applesauce, vanilla extract, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice until smooth.
- Mix 2 cups flour, baking soda, and salt together in a separate bowl; stir into butter mixture, alternating with buttermilk until just combined. Fold in chopped and shredded apples and walnuts. Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Mix 1/3 cup flour, rolled oats, 2 tablespoons white sugar, brown sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon together in a bowl; cut in 3 tablespoons cold butter until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle topping over batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean, 55 to 60 minutes. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Per Serving: 295 calories; 14 39 4.6 59 249 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
This bread recipe was the best I have ever tried, and I love to bake. The smell of it baking was mouth-watering. I doubled the recipe for two loaves and was glad I did. The recipe has a few e...
If you're looking for a quick-to-make bread, this isn't it because it does have quite a few ingredients and prepping the apples does take some time to get into the oven. I baked it for about 75...
This bread is delicious! I accidentally under-baked it, but it still tastes amazing. It definitely took longer than 20 minutes to prepare; and I had too much struesel for one loaf. However, I ...
I make this bread every year with my Christmas baking!! The only things I do differently are: instead of using Splenda, I use Sugar in the Raw. And I do not shred some of the apple. I dice them ...
The only changes I made was using 1 cup sugar rather than half sugar half sucralose sweetener, did not peel my apples, and no walnuts simply because hubby said "nah" to any nuts. I doubled the ...
Delicious Bread! Takes some time to get the bread ready and baked, but a very good way to use up those apples! I used some pantry alternatives from our long term food storage; powdered eggs, pow...
Great recipe. I use regular granulated sugar or granulated xylitol instead of artificial sweetener. It's a hit with everyone I serve it to!