Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 435
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour 2 8x8-inch baking dishes.
- Sift flour, pumpkin pie spice, salt, baking soda, and baking powder together in a large bowl.
- Beat eggs, sugar, vegetable oil, pumpkin, and vanilla extract together in a second bowl until mixture is smooth and creamy. Stir wet ingredients into flour mixture until combined; gently fold in zucchini and walnuts. Divide batter into the prepared baking dishes.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cakes are lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 40 to 60 minutes. Allow to cool on rack for 20 minutes before removing from pans to finish cooling.
- Cook's Note:
- Freezer-friendly. Do NOT drain grated zucchini, as it removes some of the moisture from the bread/ cake.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 435 calories; 17.2 65.1 6.8 46 361 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 27
Delicious recipe that I made last night. I also made a few tweaks just because of what I had on hand, and per the other reviewers. I cut the sugar down to 2 cups, only used 1/4 cup melted coconu...
Just made this bread last night. De-lish! Because I had 1/2 C less zucchini, I increased the pumpkin by 1/2 C (So, 2C grated zucchini and 1C pumpkin). I also did not have pumpkin pie spice, so I...
Delicious, I had carrot and apples that needed used so i shredded some of those with the zucchini, and I added maple syrup, a little sour cream, and used 1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon instead of ...
I used coconut oil and Truvia instead of sugar! It turned out great! And I halved the calories! I used pecans instead of walnuts and next time I will try more pumpkin! Either way they are delish!
My 4 y.o. and I loved it! I tweaked it based on our preferences--1.5 c whole wheat flour, 1.5 c oat flour, 1 c coconut sugar, 1/2 c honey, 1/2 c applesauce, 1/4 c coconut oil, and no nuts. I m...
Delicious. I also tinkered based on what I had - used 1 c. butternut squash puree and 2 c. zucchini, reduced sugar to 2 c. and replaced 1 c. of white flour with whole wheat. I wasn't intending t...
Very good recipe that incorporated 2 of my favorites. Also it was easy to make. And I did reduce the sugar by substituting with some apple sauce.
This turned out well. It was a bit dry, but otherwise tasted great. I will be making this again. It made an 8 X 8 pan and 11 muffins. I followed the recipe exactly as it was written.